At Odysseyware Academy, we understand parental involvement is a vital component of student success. To help parents understand their responsibilities while their students are enrolled at Odysseyware Academy, please read our parental agreement. We also encourage you to read our student agreement and nondiscriminatory policy below.
This parental agreement provides information pertaining to the responsibilities of parents of students enrolled at Odysseyware Academy.
As the parent/guardian of a student enrolled at Odysseyware Academy, I understand and agree to the following.
- I will review the academy's online handbook and academic program guides, and I will abide by all the policies and procedures therein.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all applicable local and state educational laws and requirements. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to select the course of study needed to meet any applicable graduation requirements in my state.
- I understand that Odysseyware Academy has been awarded full accreditation by AdvancED, the world's largest educational community with over 32,000 public and private schools. The voluntary accreditation process verifies that the academy's program meets or exceeds essential standards of educational quality. However, it does not guarantee the transfer of high school credits, since local school districts or institutions may create their own policies of credit transfer. Some schools or colleges may require additional validation of academic achievement.
- I understand that I am responsible for providing on-site supervision for my student. I also acknowledge my responsibility in motivating my student to follow and complete each assigned course of study within the designated enrollment period and on a schedule that facilitates teachers' feedback.
- I understand that the work my student submits to the academy must be his/hers solely. Tests and quizzes must be completed by the student in one sitting, independent of any other resources (e.g., answer keys, lesson text, coaching, etc.)
- I understand that the academy reserves the right to cancel enrollment at any time due to non-payment of fees, unsatisfactory progress, program abuse, or failure to follow academy procedures.
- I have read and understand the cancellation and refund policy. If I choose to cancel or withdraw my student, I will notify the academy in writing or by email.
- I understand that the academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, or national origin.
- I am aware that the academy may change policies and procedures as needed.
- I agree to update the academy with current contact information, including email, postal, and shipping addresses, and telephone, and I recognize that email and the website are the preferred means of communication between the academy and me.
By enrolling in Odysseyware Academy, I pledge the following:
- I will do my best to complete my schoolwork on my own, but if I need help, I will let my parent(s) or teacher know.
- I will treat my parents and the academy's teachers with respect.
- I will do my best to follow the academy's rules and complete my work on schedule.
- I will not cheat. I will answer the questions on my quizzes and tests from memory without help from any other person or source not named in the directions.
- I will not share answers with any other student.
- In my writing projects, I will follow the academy's guidelines for showing where I found the exact words or specific information.
Odysseyware Academy admits students of any race, ethnic origin, gender, or nationality. The academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnic origin, gender, creed, nationality, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.